Our church is once again supporting the Holiday Gift Giving Program at REACH beyond domestic violence. In years gone by, we got a list of gifts to buy for members of several families from REACH and it was a lot of fun to go out and shop for these deserving families. Like everything else, that all changed when the Pandemic struck.
Last year REACH asked for donations of Target gift cards. Their goal was to give a $100 gift card for each family member so that their clients could do their own holiday shopping. And REACH learned that the gift cards allowed their clients to have some control during this time of year and to have choices – which are often two of the things that are taken away from them in domestic violence situations. And so, they are repeating the gift card program again this year.
But for all of you inveterate shoppers out there, REACH is also hosting a Holiday Gift Store where the clients can come and pick up gifts that are donated. To stock the Holiday Gift Store they are asking for:
- Full-size toiletry items (shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Laundry detergent and household cleaning supplies
- Household paper goods (tissues, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.)
- Pajamas, socks, underwear – primarily sizes 2T – 9/10 (preschool and elementary aged)
- Games and puzzles and toys for preschool and elementary school aged kids
The Mitten Tree will be at Coffee Hour throughout November. Stop by and pick up a mitten (or several) to help you remember what’s on the shopping list this year!
Deadline is 11/30/2022